Whose works are we doing?
John 8:39 – They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Before launching out too quickly into water, perhaps unmapped, consider this. These words of Jesus, while spoken in absolute integrity to those of His day in the earth, need to be viewed in a different light than was present at the moment of their speaking. The time of their speaking was BEFORE the New Covenant was in place. Jesus ministered as a prophet under the Law, not under the New Covenant. That could not happen until He had been crucified and raised from the day, having provided justification for those who would confess Him and believe on Him. When Jesus spoke that day, He was speaking to the seed of Abraham through natural blood. Today, you and I are the seed of Abraham through the redemptive work of Jesus.
Therefore we must look more deeply into the revelation of His Word, realizing that the works you and I should be doing are even greater than the works Jesus Himself did before His resurrection. It was Jesus Himself Who said that we of the New Covenant should not only do the works He did, which were greater than the works of Abraham, but that we should be doing works GREATER than what He did in His earthly ministry. It is to that end I say to you today, “Give thanks, and do so with a truly grateful heart.”
How honored we should be to be called sons of God! How honored we should be . . .
- to be heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ
- to be sent forth with full power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus to do the works He did and greater
- to be given power (dunamis) over all the power (exousia) of the devil
- to be assigned to live in this present hour so close to the coming of the Lord for His Church
- to live free in Jesus, a freedom higher than any earthly government could even dream to offer
- to live safe in our Psalm 91 Lord
- to live healed by His stripes
- to live provisioned by His poverty
- to live holy by His wounds & bruises
- to be fully alive in Him
GIVE THANKS WITH A GRATEFUL HEART TO THE HOLY ONE!
Manna for Today – John 8:39-47; Romans 10:6-17; Galatians 3:13-29; John 14:12-14