It is NOW your time to exercise the glory of the only begotten of the Father.
John 17:22-23 – And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Once again, I refer to the glory that Father said He would give to no other but His Son. That is the glory that was given to Jesus; glory full of grace and truth. But today, let us look at the role of that glory, the glory Father gave Jesus, the glory of the only begotten of the Father, the glory full of grace and truth, the glory Jesus gave us, let us look at the role of that glory in us as we occupy the place Father has established for us in the earth, as the Church, the body of Christ, the light of the world, the salt of the earth, and heaven’s ambassadors to this age. Remember, it was that glory, the full and abiding presence of Holy Ghost in Jesus that enabled Him to complete His earthly mission in just a bit over three years. And we have the same glory.
- We have that glory to be the Church, the organization of God Almighty, established under His Word to raise up and train disciples for the work of the Kingdom.
- We have that glory to function as the body of Christ, to be His hands, His voice, His fully functioning body in far greater numbers than when He stood here alone, to carry out the same purpose and works He did, and even greater.
- We have that glory to be the light of the world. Jesus was that light while He was here in the flesh. Now we are that light, and that light is to shine forth, piercing all darkness with a never-diminishing brilliance.
- We have that glory to be the salt of the earth, to preserve, to season, to flavor, and to retain the water of the Word by which Spirit and life flow forth into the world and for the edification of the church.
- We have that glory to be heaven’s ambassadors to his age, speaking with the full voice and authority of Heaven itself, our places of abode being embassy grounds, our guards being heaven’s marines (holy angels), and our walk and works fully and completely representing all the power, majesty, authority, and presence of the Great God Jehovah Who has sent us forth.
Rise up, child of God, and live, walk, work, speak, and rejoice in that glory, the glory of the only begotten of the Father, for it is yours. Jesus gave it to you to represent Him to the fullest as you serve His will and purpose in the earth. Retreat NOT from it, but grow up in it, go forth with it, and demonstrate it to the fullest.
Manna for Today – John 17; John 1:1 & 14; Isaiah 60-61; Isaiah 42:1-9; Romans 6:4; Romans 8:11