When storms and cataclysmic earth events happen, we need the discernment of the Lord to respond well.
Mark 4:41 – And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?
Yesterday I left you with a question. What do children do when left to their own devices? The answer to that question can be given in one rather sweeping word; “rebel.” With that in mind, think on the following statements.
- God created the heaven and the earth, and all that is in them.
- At the close of creation, and the making of man, God gave dominion over all He had created to His man.
- At that moment, man as perfect before God; there was no darkness in the earth. All of God’s creation was created for man, to serve man, to provide to man whatever man called upon it to produce.
- When man fell, the woman being tempted, and man committing high treason, man lost all the dominion God gave him, and he lost it to the devil.
- At that point, all of nature was submitted to the devil, not by its own choosing, but by the choice of man.
- Satan is corrupt, is a corruptor, and perverts everything he touches that God created and made to be righteous and clean.
Now consider nature (creation) as you would think of a child. It is easy for an abused child to become abusive. When Satan held position of creation, he abused it. When a child is neglected, it will likely to openly rebel. Jesus took the earth back, and then did precisely as His Father had done in the beginning. He gave His dominion to His redeemed by the power of attorney to use His Name. One of the areas the church has ignored is nature (creation itself). Many natural disasters we see today are caused by anyone but nature itself. It was designed by God to serve man. Man, its current holder, generally ignores it in a spiritual sense. We use it, but for our own good. What the church, the holder of creation, is failing to do (in general) is to exercise dominion over it to serve the kingdom of God and bring glory to God. Even while Satan held it, Jesus demonstrated how it would serve us if we exercised faith. Do you remember the draughts of fish (2), water becoming wine, quail flying in to become food for the people, birds feeding the prophets? Nature (creation) was designed to serve man. Yet there are many examples of nature (creation) rising up against man. I refer to earthquakes, possibly volcanoes, massive storms like hurricanes and cyclones, and enormous droughts and floods. Such things damage and destroy as many unbelievers as believers. Nature is rebelling. It is crying out for true sons of God to rise up in faith, exercise their dominion, and honor God. Still, more to come.
Manna for Today – Mark 4:35-41; Mark 11:22-24; John 14:12-14; John 15:7; John 16:23-24; Daniel 3; Romans 8:18-30; Psalm 24:1; Isaiah 55:12