Where Is the Glory – Part 4
John 1:14 – And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Today I being with John 17:22 that states very clearly, “And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one.” I urge you to take a few moments and read this verse along with our Text for Today, allowing it to sink deeply into your heart and soul. In both verses, the Greek word for “glory” is the same – DOXA. This is the infallible Word of God, not simply found in the Bible but found the same book, written by the same author. They are inextricably tied together. To that end, I offer you some questions for the sake of establishing absolute clarity of this great truth.
- In our Text for Today, about whose glory are we speaking? The glory of the Christ.
- Who gave Him that glory? Father God.
- Are we correct in saying that the “glory as of the only begotten of the Father” is the glory Father gave to Jesus? According to the words of Jesus Himself in John 17:22, indeed we are.
- What did Jesus say, in John 17:22, that He had done with the glory that was given to Him? Jesus said of the glory Father had given Him, that He had given it to those who believed on Him.
- Is there a reference that makes it clear Jesus included every Christian as recipient of that glory? Emphatically, YES! Jesus said in John 17:20 that the prayer He was praying was not for His current disciples alone, but “but for them also which shall believe on me through their word.” And that, my dear friend, includes you and me. Praise be unto God!
It is at this point that we come to the definitive answer to the question we’ve been examining for these four days. Where is the glory? And the answer is, “It is in you, child of God.” The glory Father gave to Jesus, the “glory as of the only begotten of the Father,” is in you! If you say you are a Christian, then it is incumbent upon you to believe the Scriptures. That is all I have presented to you on this matter. It is the Scriptures that declare the glory Father gave to Jesus, the “glory as of the only begotten of the Father,” has been given to you by Jesus Himself, and that Jesus declared it so to the Father in His John 17 High Priestly prayer. Still, at least one more question remains. What are we doing with it?
Manna for Today – John 1:1-14; John 17; 1 John 5:7; Luke 1:26-38; Isaiah 7:14; Romans 1:16; Hebrews 1:3; Romans 10:6-17; Ephesians 2:1-10; Matthew 5:18; Mark 13:31; Hebrews 4:16