Nahum 1:3 – The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
HE STORM THAT COMES UPON YOU TO STEAL, KILL, AND DESTROY (3)
As we have examined the first three types of storms we encounter, I need to reiterate that in the Cleansing Storm and in the Arresting Storm, the wisest thing you can do is cooperate with the plan, will, mind, and purpose of Father, for He is the One Who sends and uses these storms for His plan and purpose. It is just as important to realize that the third storm we have examined, the Destroying Storm, the believer must be able to recognize that storm, and should be prepared, equipped, and authorized by God to handle such a storm as Jesus did. That will be our focus today; our preparation, equipping, and authorization to deal with Destroying Storms.
Remember, the storm in Job’s life was a Destroying Storm. Job’s greatest problem is that he was told by his friends, and even believed himself, that this was from God (either Cleansing or Arresting). And even if he had not believed that, he was not personally prepared to deal with it. However, as we read the closing chapters of Job, chapters 32-42, we witness a divine impartation of wisdom and understanding to Job on how he should handle it, and we likewise see the result of that wisdom and understanding being put into action. It resulted in the full restoration for Job in every arena of his life. When Jesus faced the Destroying Storm on Galilee, He already fully knew and understood what to do; hence His results. That same preparation belongs to us. Let’s take a look now.
- Submit myself to God, resist the devil
- Father has given me complete authority to bind Satan, to cast Satan out, to tread on Satan, to overcome Him by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony
- Father has enabled me to walk in that full authority by filling me with Holy Ghost
- My heart rest in the Lord
- God’s love casts out fear
- I can stand unmovable in faith
- I am authorized to speak God’s Word with the full ambassadorial authority of Christ
- I am commanded to contend for the faith, to reprove, rebuke, and exhort, to be instant in season out of season
- I have been authorized and commanded to do the works that Jesus did, and to do even greater works than Jesus did
- If God said it, that settles it
- I have an unbreakable, immutable, unalterable, unchangeable covenant
- Heaven and earth shall pass away, but not one jot or tittle of Covenant Word shall ever fail.
There you have it – my credentials and an ambassador of God to deal with any Destroying Storm that arises against me. You possess those same credentials. Use them, my friend, and do so with all prejudice.
Manna for Today – Nahum 1:1-3; Genesis 6:1-22; Jonah 1:1-17; Job 1:1-22; Romans 8:14-28; Mark 4; Matthew 7:24-27; Romans 10:17