Genesis 8:22 – While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
As I conclude this series on seasons, I want to reiterate the importance for the believer to be aware of what needs to be done in the various seasons of life, and the need to be ready for the upcoming season. Allow me to offer some closing examples concerning seasonal needs and future preparation.
- Reciprocity – Use wisdom in your opportunities to give. Use your faith to make every opportunity you have to give a sowing season. If the Lord prompts you to give, it’s because you’re already there. Live in such a manner that you always have seed to sow when it’s time to sow. Summer will follow, and then the harvest.
- Pools of Bethesda – There are seasons when the Lord offers something special for your life. Be ready to take advantage of it. Stay as close to the water (Word of God) as possible, and when that season comes, it will be just for you. Jump into the Word; it’s alive; it heals. That’s a harvest. Keep alert, winter is coming.
- Temptations – When Satan tempted Jesus and was soundly defeated, he left for a better season. He never found one with Jesus. Temptations WILL come to you. Remember, “It is written.” Overcome them, and never allow your enemy to find a better season.
- Egypt – Israel was in bondage in Egypt for a season. Father had 400 years in mind. Moses’s actions caused that season to last for 30 extra years. When you’re in a winter season, don’t do something to extend the winter. Get ready for spring; it is on the way.
- Wilderness – Israel’s spring of deliverance from their winter in Egypt soon turned into a long, hot summer of 40 years in the wilderness. Moses had delayed their spring. They delayed their own harvest. Be wise, dear child of God. Walk obediently and in faith in the summer seasons. Harvests come more quickly that way.
These are only a few examples of what the Scriptures call seasons. Seasons are real. God has established their order, and will see to it that you have all you need to live victoriously in any of them. You, however, must use your faith in each season so you can access and wisely use the resources Father provides, and be ready for the season that is next to arrive. It WILL arrive, and you CAN live at the highest levels of victory, regardless of what the season holds.
Manna for Today – Isaiah 55:10; 2 Corinthians 9:10; Ecclesiastes 3:1-15; Jeremiah 29:11; Isaiah 45:11; Isaiah 55:11; Hebrews 11:1-6; Galatians 5:6; Joshua 1:6-9; Proverbs 4:20-23; Romans 10:6-17