John 3:16 – For God so loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only-begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish – come to destruction, be lost – but have eternal (everlasting) life. (Amplified Bible)
Take a moment to consider the following words found in 2 Corinthians 5. Jesus was made to be sin so that you and I could be made to be the righteousness of God in Him. Let’s examine that statement from the passage in which it is found, 2 Corinthians 5:21, and consider as deeply as we can, its truth. That verse says, “For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.” Look closely.
- “For He ….” – the “He” at this point refers to Father God….it was God who did this transformational part of the work of making Jesus to be sin for us.
- “For He hath made Him ….” – the “Him” at this point refers to Jesus….it was Jesus Who was made to be sin for us.
- “For He hath made Him to be sin for us ….” – “to be” was inserted by the translators because they believed it added clarity….Jesus was made sin for us…. for you and me….for everyone
- “For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin ….” – He never committed a single sin, though He was tempted in all points as we are….yet He NEVER sinned….BUT He became sin for us.
- “For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.” – Jesus becoming sin for us is the CAUSE of our being made the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN HIM.
The Word of God became flesh. Jesus got in our dirt. Though tempted in every point as we are, He was sinless. Jesus got in our dirt. He suffered and died for us, paying the complete price for our redemption. Jesus got in our dirt. He bore our sins in His body on the cross. Jesus got in our dirt. He did it so that we could be made dead to sin and live unto righteousness. Jesus got in our dirt. He shed His blood for our cleansing. Jesus got in our dirt. The spotless, blameless, sinless, perfect, holy Son of the living God bout me. Jesus got in MY dirt. I pray you grasp what I am writing. But even if you don’t, I do. JESUS GOT IN MY DIRT, TOOK MY DIRT, CLEANSED MY DIRT, REMOVED MY DIRT…….AND…….GAVE ME HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. I AM FREE BECAUSE HE GOT IN MY DIRT!
Manna for Today – John 3:16-17; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; Galatians 3:13-29; Genesis 2:7; 1 John 1:7-9