Text for Today – Esther 5:1-2 – Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king’s house, over against the king’s house: and the king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, over against the gate of the house. And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favor in his sight.
What a beautiful picture! It would bless you to read the entire book of Esther today as a basis for this devotion. Esther was a Jewess, and a captive. Her potential beauty (she was already attractive, but what was done to her and for her made her ravishingly beautiful) had put her into the coveted position of being queen. Now, her title of queen not only brought riches with it, but many other important elements, as well.
Let’s digress for a moment. Should a child wear the clothing to school that her parents purchased for that purpose? Should an employee wear the company uniform what has been provided them to wear while working? Should a surgeon wear sanitary clothing that is provided for surgical procedures while in surgery? Should military personnel wear the uniform of their service branch while on duty? I’m sure we all agree that the answer to all these questions is “yes.” Well, in our Text for Today, Esther had put on her royal apparel in order to approach the king and get his attention. Furthermore, she knew where to go to be recognized, and the posture she should assume befitting her estate as queen.
Now, back to the point of today’s Second Miler, “Positioned for Favor.” Do you desire to walk in the uncommon favor of God? You see, there’s nothing common about the favor of God.
- Are you wearing what He has provided for you to wear in your approach to Him? Are you dressed in the “whole armor of God?”
- Have you been properly washed for your appearance before Him? He has provided His Own blood for that purpose.
- Have you come properly perfumed, having that sweet smelling aroma of the covering presence of Holy Ghost and the ever pleasing fragrance of faith?
- Have you come to the right place for petition? Are you bombarding the gates of heaven? That’s about 750 miles off target. Or have you come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and find grace?
- Have you assumed the posture desired by the Father for His children? Are you groveling and begging, or are you standing in His righteousness and in faith, humbly submitted as a good soldier ready for action?
It’s up to you. You CAN position yourself for God’s favor! Hallelujah!
Manna for Today – Ephesians 6; Hebrews 4; Hebrews 11